a little make


I made this little string of birds for a friend's birthday this week. I hadn't made anything crafty for a good long while and it was fun to get the fabric and thread out for a couple of hours of snipping and threading. I'd forgotten how absorbing it is to lose yourself in something like this. I used wool embroidery thread for the details and added a bit more colour than I would usually use, as my friend is a colourful person. I was pleased with the result and luckily, so was she.

Next week it's my own birthday and I'm planning a week away in a favourite part of the country. I'm going to take my camera and sketchbook and see what happens. Back soon.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely little birds. I'm reminded of your stitching everyday as your little brown heart hangs in my hall! :)
Happy birthday and have a lovely break!
Vivienne x

Annie Cholewa said...

These are charming, just as Sue says.

Have a lovely holiday :)

Gretel said...

They are simply lovely, I do like the colours and the use of wool in them. Good to see you making things again. Enjoy your artistic holiday and be inspired. x

rossichka said...

The birdies are just lovely! They wear such a nice mood!
Have a fantastic week and a wonderful Birthday, Sue!xx By the way, mine is next week, too.:)))

Karen L R said...

Happy birthday holidays!

Frances said...

Sue, your embroidery gives those little birds lots of personality...I do like the looks of their profiles, too.

I am doing so much knitting now, but also daily have a lingering look at my sewing machine, just to let it know I haven't forgotten all about it! Lots of ideas, just trying to find more time.

A very Happy Birthday to you, dear Sue! Have fun on your time away in a beautiful setting.

xo

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely, almost naive, I could happily live with those.

Vintage Tea Time said...

Those birds are really lovely! Have a good birthday! x

Gina said...

Very cute - what a thoughtful gift. Have a lovely week away and enjoy your birthday.

Rosie said...

Oh how lovely - I'd have been so thrilled to receive such a gift.

Sue said...

Oh they are so sweet, love how you've decorated them.

A time to dance said...

Love the birds....

Hello my love....I have just done my first post in years and it feels great.....I keep seeing you on pinterest and thought I would catch up with old friends....Hope you are well....