fly away little bird

For various complicated reasons my planned family holiday to the US has been brought forward and I am going to be flying 'solo' to New York this Tuesday for a six-day visit.

This news has brought on a flurry of organising passports, visa waiver form-filling, obtaining currency, washing trousers, finishing off crocheted scarves, uploading music to my mp3 player and winding wool into smaller balls for the plane journey. All this accompanied by a low-level anxiety as to whether my 7mm crochet hook will be allowed to travel with me or be seen as a potential weapon and confiscated at security.

Which leaves not much time for blogging, sadly. I have at least two posts floating around my head waiting to be liberated, but they may have to wait until my return. However, I am hoping to get online during my stay, so watch this space...

Sorry that I haven't got the photo credits for the birdy mosaic but you can see them and others by going to my Flickr favourites page.

4 comments:

Gigibird said...

I think you are so brave going it alone and when it's cold so gold star for you.

If you post from NY I shall start calling you Alistair Cooke.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

How exciting! Hope you have a great trip. I love the pictures at the head of this week's post too.

Gilly said...

You look after yourself and don't speak to any strange men!

Sue said...

Thanks everyone :-)